Can Faktu ointment be used after anal surgery for hemorrhoids?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello! Can I use Faktu ointment after an annal fissure and hemmorroids surgery? I'm allergic to aspirin and aines. Can't stand the pain to the point of feeling faintness after bowel movements and going to the bathroom. Even just seating on the toilet is painful. I'm a 45 year old healthy woman. What else do you recommend I do to alleviate the pain and improve I'm taking tylenol. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your queries...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Yes, you can use Faktu ointment to relieve the pain. Since you are allergic to Aspirin (and other non steroid anti inflammatory drugs) you should use only Lidocaine based ointments (Faktu is one of them) and Tramadol capsules (or drops) to relieve the pain.

Moreover I would recommend the following life style and diet changes:
- Drink plenty of waters
- Eat a healthy diet reach on fibers and fresh vegetables
- Avoid spicy foods
- Use lactulose
- Avoid alcohol, caffe, energy drink
- Avoid unnecessary stress
- Increase physical activities.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
p.s: If you have more questions please don't hesitate to ask me again.