Can Epiglo soap be used for improving skin complexion in infants?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I want to know if I can use Epiglo soap on my one and half year old daughter without consulting a dermothologist. She is bit dark I want to lighten her skin.. Is it wrong using Epiglo soap on baby? And I wud also Lik to hav some other suggestions on treating her to lighten her skin color.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't use it

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It is better to avoid any type of irritant soap.
The child is too young for such trials.
Skin color is genetically determined and cannot be changed.
Let her grow on her own, her skin color will change on its own.
There is nothing to worry.
Just relax.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
My niece of d same age is using tge same soap so i am tginking of giving a try once.. How about for adults can we use it and will tat soap help in reducing tan? By the way will the soap have any side effects?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use with caution

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Epiglo is a skin lightening soap.
It can reduce XXXXXXX for a brief period till the time soap is used.
There are no large trials which suggest whether it is safe for children or not.
You can use it with caution.
Better to apply it twice a week.
Adults can use it, there is no problem with that.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 59 minutes later
Ok i do as u say ill use it oly twice a week.. Is it ok if i use oly twice a week? Will der b any side effects? If i dont see any rashes or any other skin problememerging on her skin can i continue using it..? From what age can i use the soap daily?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
After 5 years

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes you can do that.
If there is no problem you can continue using it.
It can be used regularly after 5 years of age.
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Tanku.. I want to knw a soap im not sure of the name.. It says LDerl/z or something i wanna know its is name help me find it Can u suggst wid anyothr soaps for skin protction and lightening.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glyha koj

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
There are various trade names of a single chemical hence it is difficult to say what L derlz stands for.
We prescribe by chemical names.
Glycolic acid containing soaps are good for skin lightening.
One of the trade name for this is Glyha koj.
These days ph balanced synthetic soaps are in use as skin protective soap.
You can use Zyndet soap.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
If i am using glyha koj oru
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use it

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can use Glyha koj.
There is no problem in that.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
If I dnt use Epiglo soap on my daughter wat other similar skin lightening soap can I use on my daughter ?suggest me some names.If I'm planning to use glyha koj can I use it without consulting a dermothologist doing a skin check n al? While using this soap I cn still go for bleach facial right? This soap is not harmful right?I want to lighten my knees and elbows especially.. I hav usually heard kojic acid as a good property for lightening..can u suggest me skin lightening face creams to lighten face, knees. Can u suggest me some nice sunscreen that protect both my face and body well.. I hav one more doubt how to protect my baby's skin when dipped into a chlorine filled swimming pool.. We try hard and maintain our skin to a nice color but once dipped into water she goes black. What are we supposed to do prior entering pool?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use glyha koj

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes you can use glyha koj .
As I mentioned earlier use it twice a week.
You can use melalite xl or lookbrite cream for elbow pigmentation.
Any sunscreen with spf more than 50 shall be good for you.
A few examples are photobloc, suncross, photoban.
You can use any of these.
Thank you.