Can Enteogermina be given to an infant for loose motions?
Also he is 7.4 kg in 7 months..is that ok.
Enterogermina is a Probiotic
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day,
Enterogermina is not an antibiotic. It is a probiotic: Probiotic contains useful bacteria like Lactobacillus which replenishes the normal population of bacterial flora in intestine. This prevents invasive diarrhoea from occuring.
Majority of loose motion or increased stool frequency is usually due to viral in origin and are self limiting. You can safely give Enterogermina.
Continue breast feeding and complementary feeds.
If the baby is accepting feeds well, there is no distension of abdomen and urine output is adequate then increased stool frequency is not alarming.
Do get Back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Now my son is into constipation. He is literally crying while passing motions
Also skin near anus is red and having rashes. Pl. advise wat to do
Siloderm ointment will be effective
Your son could be constipated due to redness in area around anus. This would have been due to previous increased bowel movements.
I would suggest you th following which will definitely help
1. Give him Oil massage , followed by bath using Himalaya Body wash. Thoroughly clean the peri anal region to remove all traces of fecal matter. Give him bath daily
2. After bath apply Siloderm Ointment to the red area, make him wear cotton chaddis. Avoid diapers. when the chaddis are wet by either urine or stools, remove the soiled ones, wipe the area gently using Himalaya baby wipes. After that apply equal mixture of Siloderm ointment and Himalaya diaper rash cream.
3. Keep the area clean and dry
Excessive crying could be due to red area. Once the redness subsisides your son will be more comfortable in passing stools.
Do get back to me anytime you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Do write to directly anytime you have any any issue.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion with foam in infants
- Loose motion and vomiting infants
- Infant lactogen loose motion
- Bifilac for infants in loose motions
- Loose motion with blood in infants
- Medicine for loose motion for infants
- Cure for loose motion in infants
- Antibiotics for loose motion in infants
- Green loose motion infant
- Infant baby loose motion