Can Emeset cause any side effects in infants?
Emeset is safe in children of this age
Thanks for the query
Emset contains ondensetron and it is an antiemertic.When given in appropriate dose it is safe in children.
Emset contains 2 mg/5ml.Dose is 0.2-0.3 mg/kg/dose.So for 11 kg child dose of 5 ml is appropriate.
Side effect of emeset is very few.It can cause hypersensitivity reaction if patient is hypersensitive to it.
The hypersensitivity reaction can be bronchospasm,headache or rashes.Incidence of hypersensitivity is very very less.
I won't be worried to give emset in your baby.
The next does i have to give him at 03:30 PM, and this is this should be the last dose as per the prescription. (Prescription: dosage 3.5 ml for every six hours for 2 days.).
If there is no vomiting no need of emeset
Thanks for follow up
I am extremely sorry for delayed reply
There can be many other reasons for the rash and uneasiness.The incidence of side effects due to emeset is negligible.Thats why it is considered to be very safe.
If there is no vomiting no need of emeset.
So I would suggest you not to give emeset if there is no vomiting(even now I would say chances of side effect due to hypersensitivity is very rare).Consult your physician for clinical examination if rashes increase or baby become more irritable.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zanocin for infants side effects
- Emeset side effects v/s domstal side effects
- Injection emeset side effects on pregnancy
- Duolin side effects in infants
- Emeset syrup for infants side effects
- Emeset side effects during pregnancy
- Side effects of emeset
- Emeset syrup side effects baby
- Emeset syrup side effects
- Side effects of injection emeset
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?