Can Eliquis be replaced by Aspirin?
How long before I receive an email?
Aspirin would help but not near as effective unfortunately
Aspirin and eliquis work in different ways. Though aspirin is used to reduce clotting, eliquis and other medications like eliquis are far superior to aspirin in preventing clotting.
This means it would be best to use one of the other anti-clotting meds such as-- rivaroxaban or dabigatran or warfarin etc.
You would need to speak to your doctor about your reaction so that an effective alternative can be prescribed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is headache a side effect of eliquis?
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of eliquis?
- Is constipation a side effect of eliquis?
- Is itching a side effect of eliquis?
- Will the intake of eliquis cause constipation
- Is hives a side effect of eliquis?
- Is dizziness a side effect of eliquis?
- Is confusion a side effect of eliquis?
- Is fainting a side effect of eliquis?
- Can eliquis and aspirin be taken together
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?