Can Eligius cause a stroke?
Yes it can cause hemorrhagic strokes
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!
Based on the drug history you have mentioned, the use of eligius or rivaroxiban can lead to blood thinning and can cause increased tendency for bleeding. This bleeding can not only include orifice or mucosal bleed, but also intracranial bleeds as well, which can present like stroke. The feeling of sinking of heart or dizziness can be a direct side effect of drug and not necessarily due to bleed or stroke however the deviation of face towards one side or twitching needs to be worked out and can't be left unattended.
In such circumstances get to your GP for a detailed neurological examination and get a referral for CT brain at the earliest. If needed this drug needs to be withheld.
Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?