Can Duramine medication cause cancer while on chemotherapy for breast cancer?
Duromine does not cause cancer
Duromine is a medication that contains phentermine which is commonly used as an appetite suppressant and causes loosing of weight in obese persons.
It does not cause cancer and you can safely take chemotherapy for your breast cancer.
The most common side effects are restlessness, insomnia, diarrhea or constipation, feelings of fatigue and increased blood pressure.
I would advise you to take Duromine early in the day either before breakfast or right afterward because taking it later in the day can result in insomnia.
The drug comes in doses of 15, 30 and 40 mg tablets. The dose will depend on the recommendations of your physician and should be taken with large volumes of water.
Dr. Monish De
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast cancer chemotherapy
- Herceptin chemotherapy breast cancer
- Anthracycline chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy breast cancer
- Chemotherapy regimens for breast cancer
- Taxotere chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy
- Tac chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Cytoxan chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Chemotherapy tablets for breast cancer
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?