Can Duphaston be taken while trying to conceive?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi. i am trying to conveive. I was getting TVs follicular study done and now at the last sitting, my follicle has ruptured. Dr. has advised me to take Duphaston 10mg twice a day for 12 days. But I read online that this medicine should not be taken if trying to conceive. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is effective

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting us.
No this is a very good medicine and helps in conception a lot.
Take it as advised as it is very helpful
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 10 minutes later
Is there any alternate medicine for this? Actually this medicine is quite expensive
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Micronised progesterone advised

Detailed Answer:
Yes mam, you can take micronised progesterone named as gestone or susten 200 mg twice a day instead of duphaston.
It is a cheaper and equally effective drug.
Wish you all the best and may god bless you with a healthy child soon.

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 days later
hello Dr. i have started taking Susten 200 twice a day. And from yesterday evening I am getting a feeling of extreme dizziness. It is not continuous but it really affects a lot. It seems like sedation. I just feel like sleeping. Yesterday I took my morning dose around 10 am and dizziness feeling started around 7 pm and lasted for around half an hour. then I took another dose at around 9 pm and started feeling dizzy by 11 pm and finally went to sleep mmediately. Now again I am feeling dizzy . I took medicine at around 11 today. I am not sure if it is related to the medicine. Please can u advise?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take sustained release tablets

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear, this is a common side effect of progesterone and usually goes in 3-5 days.
Keep taking a lot of water and take rest as much as possible.
Take sustained release tablet or take susten VT vaginal pessaries as these formulations have better tolerance profile.
I hope you will feel better.