Can Dolo 650 and Crocin 650 be given for fever?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: have a son 15 years , he got high feaver he has taken dolo 650 + crocin 650 together .is it safe 
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
less than the total amount allowed for the day

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Dolo 650 and crocin 650 both contain acetaminophen at 650 mg strength

The maximum total daily dose of acetaminophen is 4000 mg according to the FDA.

This is not taken at once but divided throughout a 24 hour period.

He would have used a total of 1300 mg (the two 650 mg doses), though this is higher what it is normally used at one time (used for one dose), it is lower than the TOTAL amount that is allowed for a 24 hour period

This means that he should be fine, but should not take any more for at least 4 to 6 hours.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions