Can Diltiazem and Robaxin be taken together?

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can you safely take diltiazem and robaxin together?
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, however you could have symptoms associated with low blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. Please note that there is a moderate warniong that the two drugs will cause an additive lowering of your blood pressure, and therefore you will feel lightheaded, you could faint, feel dizzy, and generaly tires. These efffects are seen when starting the combination of the two, and when either one dose is changed after prolonger use, once tolerated usually the symptoms go away/or rather you get used to it and your body physiologically adjusts. I hope this helps and good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar