• question-icon

Can Diclofenac be taken along with Xarelto?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can Diclofenac be taken with Xarelto. I started takeing Xarelto because I have been in and out of a fib. My Doctor said I shouldn't take Diclofenac. I have a back problem and I have been taking it for
years. It is the only thing that keeps my back from hurting.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will advise against!

Detailed Answer:

Using both together increases the risk of bleeding which at times may be fatal. I will discourage against using both together. What other medications have you tried for this back pain? There are more potent pain medications that you might not have simply tried.

I will suggest you stop this. Try other pain medications such as ultram and Codeine. If they fail, then we will have to try other pain medications with safer profiles.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah