question-icon

Can Diclofenac, Prednisone and Tylenol be taken together?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: Can i take diclofenic, prednisone and arthritis strength tylenol. I was prescribed prednisone fo a bulging disc in C7. I just dont know if it isok to take all.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
prednisone and diclofenac can inflammation/reflux of the stomach

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Both the prednisone and diclofenac can potentially affect the stomach to cause inflammation/reflux and in worse possible scenario, stomach bleeding (especially in persons with a history of stomach ulcers).

If you use the medication with a full meal to make sure the stomach is coated and also consider using a medication such as prilosec, nexium or prevacid to further protect the stomach , you should be ok.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James