Can Deviry be taken for delayed periods?
But its been 40 days since then. Should i take Deviry again? Wht r its sideeffects, if any?
TAKE MEDICINE AFTER DIAGNOSIS OF THE CASE.
Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.
1) Women on exclusive breast feeding (EBF) DON'T get their regular period always. It is called Lactation Amenorrhea. It is quite physiological during lactation period.
However, hormonal imbalance, mental stress or emotional upset, over weight, pelvic infection, ovarian cyst or PCOD, high prolactin level, thyroid disturbance etc can lead to irregular period cycle.
2) I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan (USG) and complete hormone profile (like serum progesterone, prolactin, LH/ FSH, TSH etc) along with Hb%, Blood sugar (PPBS) for complete evaluation and confirm the diagnosis. You must consult with your treating doctor for proper guidance.
3) Progesterone pill like DEVIRY is used to induce period and I suggest you to take this medicine ONLY after diagnosis of the case. It will be more worthwhile.
4) SIDE EFFECTS: Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, weakness, weight changes, headache, irregular spotting or late period, abdominal cramp etc. However, it varies from women to women & is WELL tolerated among repeated users.
Hope, it helps to understand clearly. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.
Thanks for your follow up query.
Excessive weight gain following child birth may be due to endocrine disturbance like hypothyroidism, sedentary lifestyle, taking high calorie diet, using birth control pill, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) etc.
I suggest you to undergo above mentioned tests along with measurement of blood pressure and sugar (PPBS) to rule out underlying causes and confirm the diagnosis. You may need complete physical examination. Kindly, consult with your doctor for proper guidance regarding tests and management.
In addition, you would take LOW carbohydrate diet only with avoidance of fatty, sugary, salty food stuffs; do regular physical exercise or join in the JIM; take prescribed medication only; try to avoid stress by regular meditation or yoga.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer.
Good luck and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taken deviry for 5 days and still no periods
- Deviry no periods
- Deviry taken still no periods
- Taken deviry 10 but no periods
- Delayed period suggested deviry what is wrong with tummy
- Will tablet deviry 10mg delay my periods?
- Deviry 10 mg t delay period
- Delay of period due to deviry
- Why is period delayed on deviry side effects
- After effects of deviry 10 mg delayed period
- History of anxiety. Why am I feeling lightheaded, heart palpitation and...
- Got pimples on the penis after having protected sex. STD?
- Had unprotected sex after miscarriage. Started bleeding. Could I be...
- Suggested laproscopy surgery for ovarian cyst. Is this the safe way to...
- Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation?
- STD test done. What are the findings? Should I be worried for hep c...
- Mild abnormalities inside cervix and slight abnormal pap smear with HPV...
- Missing period, feeling constipated with clear vaginal discharge. HPT...
- Abdominal pain with vaginal discharge. Feeling nausea. HPT negative. Any...
- Large circular red area with a bump above penis. Could it be clamydia or...