• question-icon

Can Deviry 10 mg be taken along with thyroxin in order to help conception ?

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Question: I am 32 years old i have 9 years son I am taking thyroxin for the last 2 years & my periods are irregular i am trying for the second child can I take deviry 10 mg? Will help me to conceive? please advice me.
Follow up: Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 5 minutes later
can i take deviry 10 mg for getting the periods and folic acid tablets at bed time after my periods will it help me to conceive? Please help me. Last time when I consulted Doctor he said i am aneamic so I took livogen Z captabs for 3 months & i am experiencing tingling and numbness in my hands & feet. Please advice me
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 9 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Well, from your problem it is clear that you are suffering from hypothyroidism. Do not worry you may conceive. But you will have to follow a certain protocol.

First of all get certain investigations done like T3,T4,TSH.

2- If it comes out to be altered then, consult a physician to titre the dose of L thyroxine sodium accordingly.

3- After controlling your thyroid profile, consult a gynecologist to start for deviry. It is used to treat menstrual disorders like secondary amenorrhea and irregular bleeding.

4- Along with this take vitamin and mineral supplementation daily.

So, please dont start deviry, unless you are confirmed that your thyroid status is in normal limits.

Do not worry, you may definitely plan for second child.

Tingling and numbness in hands that you are having may be due to secondary to vitamin deficiency. This can be treated with vitamin tablets.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups if any.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Manju M
Follow up: Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 29 hours later
I have just checked my t3, t4 & tsh last one month it is normal. Can I start with deviry? what are the side effects of this tablet on hypothyroidism.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 18 hours later
Hi again,

Yes you can start deviry, but after consultation with your gynecologist.

The side effects of this drug are severe vertigo, abdominal discomfort, hypo tension etc, so take this only after consultation.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Puneet Maheshwari

ENT Specialist