Can Dermadew soap and Cetaphil moisturiser cause skin darkening in a newborn?
The natural skin tone may take time to express itself.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The colour of skin is due to the pigment (melanin) produced by melanocytes (a type of pigment producing cells in our skin). At birth the melanocytes are not fully formed. Hence the colour at birth can be much lighter. As the age increases, the melanocytes mature and express the natural tone of the skin. If the colour of skin is to darken, it can gradually occur till the natural skin tone is achieved. Use of soaps like dermadew and moisturizers like cetaphil have nothing to do with this.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dermadew soap for fairer skin
- Cetaphil soap with bacterial vaginosis
- Cetaphil skin cleanser for lice
- Dermadew soap fair skin
- Is cetaphil lotion darkens the babys skin
- Cetaphil skin cleanser msds
- Best soap for skin dermadew or neutrogena
- Dermadew vs cetaphil soap
- Dermadew soap for newborn baby
- Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever