Can Dantrolene, Baclofen, Gabapentin and Phenobarbital be taken together?
to monitor for interactions
Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns.
Dantrolene is a good drug for spasticity but it can have significant interactions with three of the drugs your son is currently taking, namely, baclofen, gabapentin and phenobarbital. So, we may need to start it at the lowest dose and gradually increase if there are no features of drug interactions, particularly sedation and muscle weakness.
Apart from this, periodic liver function tests are required to check for liver toxicity which may be a serious adverse effect of dantrolene.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usage of Dantrolene
- Generic for phenobarbital
- Side effect of Dantrolene
- Can baclofen be taken for curbing desire to drink
- Can neuroveen be taken along with gabapentin
- Usage of Phenobarbital
- Phenobarbital and cystitis
- Gabapentin and norflex taking together
- Take tramadol and gabapentin together
- Phenobarbital for euthanasia