• question-icon

    Can Curlzfin lead to sexual dysfunction?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am a 29 year old male suffering from hair thinness. My doctor has given me Curlzfin 1mg, Radiplex , Renocia and Sebowash shampoo. Along with this , he has advised me to start PRP treatment which I have finished 1 session.
I don't have hair fall problem.So i want to know how effective PRP is and whether all the other prescribed medicines are safe to take especially Curlzfin(I read that it could cause Impotency).
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PRP and medicines safe except for few limitations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints.
You seem to be starting with androgenetic alopecia.
The medicines prescribed to you are fine.
They are safe but curlzfin can lead to sexual dysfunction in the form of impotence and loss of libido in 0.1-0.3 percent of the individuals but its reversible on stopping the treatment and can sometimes normalises in persons on continued treatment.
As far as PRP is concerned it is also a safe procedure but is not usually recommended for thinning of hair.
It is usually done in persons who are having active hair fall.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 4384 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Sexual dysfunction

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor,
I am of 24 and, I am suffering from undescended testis (left side) but I have been aware of it only 3-4 years back, before that I was...

doctor1 MD

i am 30 yr old married and have a 3yr old son. i am having small dotted erruption on glans penis for last 8 months. tested negative for HIV and...

doctor1 MD

hello dr
I was having sexual problems as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in jan.2010 which was cured after taking two months...

doctor1 MD

can consumption of protein supplements lead to erectile dysfunction...if so how can that be treated and how much time does it take to be normal?can...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that...

doctor1 MD

Hello, in August, I fell on a wet sidewalk in Switzerland and landed very hard on my butt. I felt a surge go up my spine and into my head, and had...

doctor1 MD

Good evening doctor. I have given the sample for semen analysis test but the lab said semen does not liquify so, they have to do it again. Will...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

157 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
  • Q - What are the symptoms of scabies?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh

  • Q - Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss

  • Q - What causes red colored lesion on the hips?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dry lips

  • Q - Suggest treatment for recurrent acne

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits

  • Q - What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?

  • Q - How to get rid of body lice?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs