• question-icon

Can Curlzfin lead to sexual dysfunction?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am a 29 year old male suffering from hair thinness. My doctor has given me Curlzfin 1mg, Radiplex , Renocia and Sebowash shampoo. Along with this , he has advised me to start PRP treatment which I have finished 1 session.
I don't have hair fall problem.So i want to know how effective PRP is and whether all the other prescribed medicines are safe to take especially Curlzfin(I read that it could cause Impotency).
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PRP and medicines safe except for few limitations

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints.
You seem to be starting with androgenetic alopecia.
The medicines prescribed to you are fine.
They are safe but curlzfin can lead to sexual dysfunction in the form of impotence and loss of libido in 0.1-0.3 percent of the individuals but its reversible on stopping the treatment and can sometimes normalises in persons on continued treatment.
As far as PRP is concerned it is also a safe procedure but is not usually recommended for thinning of hair.
It is usually done in persons who are having active hair fall.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist