Can Concerta cause facial tics?
A separate question, female, age 50
My right knee has a sharp pain when I kneel on the ground, just to the right (outside) of my knee cap. It feels as if I have kneeled on a tack or a rock, but nothing is beneath my knee. I do not recall injuring it.
When checking web MD, it seems like this could be bursitis? Recommended treatment is rest, cold packs and anti-inflammatory meds. I assume it is still ok to exercise gently (not a runner...). Is there anything more I can do to treat/heal this more quickly?
Knee Ultrasound and X ray need. LOW dose concerta can cause tics
Hi and thanks for the query.
Concerta has as known side effect tics. Even with low doses, many patients have experienced such tics. I think it's not very rare.
With regards to the knee, the clinical picture you describe is vompartible with bursitis. However, confirming the diagnosis with a knee ultrasound is imperative. This does not only confirm the diagnosis, but gives us an idea of the quantity of fluid contained in the knee. Abundant quantities of fluid might require drainage .
Doing an x Ray in case the ultrasound and clinical review do not suggest bursitis is also important .
Rest, ice parks and anti inflammatory medication are appropriate in bursitis. I will not advice premature on the affected knee. I suggest once the diagnosis is confirmed, you take good rest for the knee. The duration shall depend on the intensity, which shall be determined by the clinical and radiologic findings (ultrasound and x ray).
Thanks and kind regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?