Can Clarithromycin help in treating Urinary tract infection or bladder infection ?
Thanks for the query
First and foremost, your symptoms do not seem to be due to Urinary infection. It more likely appears to be due to detrusor overactivity syndrome.
Detrusor instability is characterised by uncontrolled contraction of the bladder wall (detrusor muscle), producing urgency, often with frequency and nocturia, and sometimes leakage (urge incontinence).
This condition needs treatment with anticholinergic medications (Eg Detrol), which need a prescription by a doctor.
In addition, Clarithromycin is not the antibiotic, indicated for urinary infections, hence use of this medication will not be useful in your condition.
The best course of action, would be to consult your primary care doctor who can do a urinalysis as well as urodynamic studies of the bladder to confirm the diagnosis and initiate the appropriate therapy.
I hope this helps.
I shall be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treating urinary tract infection
- Will clarithromycin cause a urinary tract infection
- Clarithromycin good for urinary tract infection
- Amoxicillin treat urinary tract infection
- Clarithromycin urinary tract infection
- Will clarithromycin treat a urinary tract infection
- Does clarithromycin help urinary tract infections
- Urinary tract infection help
- Treating enterococcus urinary tract infection
- Will clarithromycin clear urinary tract infection
- Severe pneumonia,kidneys not functioning,cardiopulmonary arrest due to...
- Back,hip,knee,left leg pain
- Turp surgery,masturbated 5 days after surgery
- White dry lump on the penis. What is it?
- Rattled breathing,unable to clear throat,blocked,trouble...
- Strong throbbing feeling in middle of chest
- Dull pain below ribs, acid reflux, musculoskeletal pain, rib fracture
- Does very hot shower cause the breasts to get splotchy?
- What can be the cause for sweet smelling bowels during constipation in a...
- What is the reason for dropping BP with the pacemaker in the heart?