Can Citalopram be taken with decongestant?

Question
I've been taking 24 hour decongestant (the generic form of Claritin) daily for allergies. My doctor has just started me on 20mg Citalopram for some acute anxiety/depression issues. Is it safe for those two medications to be taken together?
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they can be safely taken together!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

These medications can be safely taken together with no risk of drug interactions. feel free to take the medications together without any great worries.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications. Thanks for using our services this day!