Can Ciprofloxacin effectively treat prostititus?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: Does CIPROFLOXACIN HCL 500 MG tab treat prostititus
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns . ciprofloxacin is often used to treat bacterial prostatitis and is usually effective in more than 50% of the cases. However, you need to use it with caution and stop immediately if you feel body pain especially at the site of joints as it commonly cause the side effects of tendinitis or tendon rupture in patients above 60 years of age..
other supportive measures to treat prostatitis include analgesics (particularly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs]), stool softeners, and Alpha-blockers to reduce bladder outlet obstruction and thus improve voiding dysfunction that may be associated with prostatic swelling that is common with prostatitis. I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T