Can Ciprofloxacin cause pink fluid discharge from breast nipple?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 May 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 76 and had a large puss pouch removed from my fronal lobe. I am on ciprofloxacin. Could that cause my nipple to leak pink fluid
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need a little clarification

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to HCM.

Frontal lobe is a part of brain. So I guess, you meant to say that a surgery was done on your brain and now the breast nipple is discharging pink fluid.

The two conditions seems unrelated. At your age any blood like discharge can be coming from a malignancy. Though intraductal papilloma is more commonly known to cause blood like discharge. You will need to be examined by a surgeon and mammogram needs to be done to rule out breast conditions. Further tests can be prescribed according to the examination and mammogram findings.

But first you need to visit your surgeon again for a clinical examination for confirmation.

Hope, I have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj