Can Cipro and Tramadol be taken together?
No chemical interaction between Cipro and Tramadol.
Thanks for consulting at HCM !
I have carefully worked through your case, and can well realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns today and will put my best efforts to get you out of this situation.
Yes, Ciprofloxacin is safe to take concomitantly with TRAMADOL . There is no pharmacologic interaction between these two drugs and safe to take.
Prilosec decreases absorption thence the effectiveness of Ciprofloxacin. It is a mild effect but sometimes counts much.
Epistaxis (nosebleed you mentioned) may or may not be related to Ciprofloxacin use. For proper evaluation of epistaxis we have to review your full medical history and background including any previous diseases, medication allergy history, any blood disorder, nasal diseases etc. For that I preferably suggest you to consult back your primary care physician who can guide you better on that. If needed, he may also refer you to ENT Specialist for better insight and evaluation.
Ciprofloxacin can also cause bleeding but mostly that is seen in patients above 55 yrs of age. Cipro can cause:
Urethral bleed (Hematuria) that comes in urine.
Gastrointestinal tract bleeding.
Blood cells breakdown and anemia.
Causes decrease in Platelet counts. Ciprofloxacin related blood cells and plateltes destruction may lead to epistaxis. Also Ciprofloxacin may cause liver damage even in one day and it leads decreased clotting factors in blood. This means bleeding can ensue easily and clotting of bleed will be delayed.
Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you with my expert opinion. For any disease you have, a timely follow-up is very necessary regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is a need to change the treatment options. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Always write down my name in the start of your questions at this forum & I will be with you in no time).
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cipro and tramadol interaction
- Tramadol and ibuprofen taken together
- Dayquill taken with cipro
- Cipro and doxycycline together
- Can cipro be taken together with levothyroxine and omeprazole
- Cipro and flagyl taken together
- Bactrim and cipro together
- Give tramadol and morphine together
- Taking paracetamol and tramadol together
- Take tramadol and gabapentin together
- Suggest treatment for indigestion and gastric problem
- What causes red patch on glans penis?
- What causes swelling in ankles and foot?
- Suggest remedy for pain in testicles
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- What does my urine analysis test report indicate?
- What causes blood in urine with flank pain?
- Suggest remedy for rashes on penis
- Suggest remedy for kyphosis
- Suggest treatment for pain and pulled muscle in lower back