Can Cimzia cause lower back pain?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have had a problem for years however recently it has started being every night. I is usually always at night. I can not sit still. My low back feels like it is going to explode. I just jerk and it will fell better for a while then it is right back. Will finally stop after about 6 hours of miserable time. Also, during this time I will have sweats and chills one after another. I have had both with out the other. I am at my witts end. I am on the drug Cimzia but just started it in July.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lumbosacral spine issues to exclude first.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have gone thorugth your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, conditions that may affect your lumbosacral spine, sacroiliac joints and/or coccofemoral articulations should be considered and evaluated further, since you suffer from arthritis.

Spinal conditions that may cause such issues include spondylolysthesis, spinal cord stenosis etc.

Neurological and orthopedic clinical evaluation and imaging studies of your lumbosacral spine and coccofemoral articulations are necessary to understand better your condition.

CT scan of lumbosacral spine and pelvic area, X-rays in different positions ( flexion, extension ), of lumbosacral spine are necessary for this purpose.

Cimiza also may cause low back pain as a possible adverse effect, but conditions mentioned above should be excluded first.

Treatment depends on diagnosis.

Please discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
could you give me information on the drug CARBIDOPA /LEVO 10/100TAB.
could it treat my condition if not spinal problem. major side effects??
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is used to treat Parkinson's.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Carbidopa/levodopa is a combination drug that is used mainly to treat Parkinson's disease symptoms.

It affects dopamine levels in brain.

Side effects include, twitching, uncontrolled repetitive movements, pain in different body parts, trouble concentrating, sleeping, decreased appetite, etc.

So, unless you are diagnosed with Parkinson's, this drug is not suitable in treating your condition.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana