question-icon

Can Cialis dosage be increased to treat ED?

Posted on Wed, 5 Sep 2018
Question: I am having trouble maintaining an erection. I lose it within a very short time. I take Cialis. Should I increase the dosage? Should I try switching to Viagra? I am 79 but in excellent health with an active sex life. ...................don
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

If dose low can be increased.

Detailed Answer:

Cialis has a maximum dose of 20mg, if you are using a lower dose than this, then you can try to increase the strength to see if it would work for you.

If you are already using the maximum dose then you can try to change to an alternative medication such as Viagra or Levitra or Stendra.

These are all in the same family but work slightly differently.

One of these may work better for you.

Dr Michelle Gibson James
Dr. Michelle Gibson James