Can Celebrex and Percocet be taken together?
My reason is I have read and was confirmed by my Dr. that Celebrex can cause heart/stroke problems as with Aleve.
Thanks for your advice.
no I do not recommend celebrex with percocet
Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.
I do not recommend taking celebrex (celecoxib) with percocet as there are drug interactions.
Celecoxib will increase the level or effect of oxycodone by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2D6 metabolism. Significant interaction is possible, so monitoring is needed.
Celecoxib also decreases effects of oxycodone by decreasing metabolism. It also decreases conversion of oxycodone to active metabolite morphine.
Considering these aspects I do not recommend taking celebrex with percocet.
If you want to reduce percocet you can reduce 10% dose every 5th day. Even with this slow tapering if you have problem you can take aleve for pain relief. There is no drug interaction between percocet an aleve.
Both cerebrex and aleve act as anti coagulant and that is why can cause stroke or heart problem. But this is possible only when it is taken for long time in high dose or person has past history of such problem.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Oh.. thank you very much I am very glad I posed the question. Your detailed answer really helps me a great deal. Yes, I find even if I take Boost or a Vitamin with Percocet I can feel funny or dizzy.. i find I need to take it with water alone.
I'll proceed as you say.
welcome and take care
You are welcome.
If still any query there, I will be happy to answer. If not, you can close the discussion and if feasible give your feedback and rating so I can improve my service. In future you can contact me directly on this site if you wish with this link:
by clicking on 'Ask me a question' on same page with three follow up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Celebrex and alcohol
- Celebrex and the liver
- Substitute for celebrex
- Taken celebrex zydol leg pain due to anti-inflammatory medicine
- Celebrex and tramacet together
- Hemangioendothelioma celebrex
- Can zopidem and percocet be taken together
- Usages of celebrex
- Celebrex for bursitis
- Taken percocet and alcohol will i be okay
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation