Can Cartigen be given for rheumatoid arthritis?

Question
Mr. mother aging 55 years is suffering from rheumatoid artritis, is taking cartigen is useful.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cartigen is useful

Detailed Answer:

Yes , cartigen (Glucosamine sulfate) is useful. It is used in treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis where glucosamine levels are found lower than others. Improved glucosamine levels helps in maintaining elasticity of cartilage of joints. Hence it is advisable Cartigen as instructed.

It can causes some side effects of like nausea, acidity, headache, drowsiness, changes in bowel movements. These are minor side effects which will disappear shortly. She can look out for those side effects.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
If you do not have any queries please close this discussion and rate the answer.
Thank you.