Can COPD with bronchitis be effectively treated with Ipratropium Bromide and Albuterol nebulizer?
Best treatment depend on the severity of the symptoms of COPD
The goal of treatment in COPD is to help you breath easier so bronchodilatators are the first line of treatment.
Ipratropium and Albuterol are short period medication and have effect for only 6 hours.
If the symptoms do not last too long in time they are the best treatment.
If the symptoms are more severe you can take prescribed long term bronchodilatators.Their effect last for 12 hours.
You can discuss with your doctor about this treatment.
If the symptoms are very severe you should take prescribed corticosteroids. Consult your doctor about this treatment. They can be used as inhalations or pills.
Bronchitis needs to be treated with prescribed antibiotics if it is caused by a bacterial infection.
Some other advice is:
-avoid stress and anxiety
-do not smoke
-get yearly flu shot
So, to conclude the best treatment depending on the gravity of the symptoms. A physical examination and a pulmonary function test are necessary to decide about the best treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ipratropium bromide inhalation solution
- Ipratropium bromide nebulizer
- Albuterol ipratropium bromide
- Side effect of Ipratropium bromide/salbutamol
- Ipratropium bromide nebulizer side effects
- Ipratropium bromide albuterol dose
- Ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulfate
- Albuterol ipratropium bromide nebulizer
- Side effect of ipratropium bromide
- Ipratropium bromide vs albuterol sulfate
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?