Can CMV and EBV transmitted through non-intact skin contact?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello doc 6months back visited massage parlour and girl did Handjob. She was fully dressed and no contact of body fluids. Tested for all std came negative.

My worry is I studied in net that cmv infection and ebv can be transmitted. Is it possible by Handjob and massage.

After that I hugged the girl and kissed her hand. Is it risky.worried of cmv and ebv infection.
Symptoms are

Stomach upset
Mouth ulcers
Pain in chest
Headche.

What may be the reason
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
None of these symptoms are indicative of CMV or EBV

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

It is almost rare to have CMV and EBV transmission by just having skin contact without exchange of body fluids. In addition none of the symptoms mentioned in query indicate CMV or EBV infection.

The reason for stomach upset, oral ulcers, headache and chest pain can present in variety of conditions including non specific viral infections. In addition even the weather conditions can cause all these symptoms.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 hours later
Sir also am getting pain in spleen pain in lymph node in neck. So am worried sir. Also headche.
During massage I was having chickenpox. Does it make risk for HIV and other symptoms.
After this incident am getting all the symptoms like headche vomiting sensation , vitamin dificiency, mouth ulcer , fewerish in evening time, hives is it symptoms of herpes HIV hepb cmv or evr.
Worried sir
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please get tested for CMV and EBV

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Considering tha pain in neck lymph nodes and spleen I feel you should get tested for EBV and CMV as they can present with these symptoms.

It is important to understand that most of your symptoms can be explained on the basis of stress and I feel you should keep your stress level down.

Having said this I like to assure you that there is no risk off HIV infection as every test came back negative and none of the symptoms are indicative of HIV infection. Most symptoms of HIV are limited to 2 to 4 weeks post exposure and I do not think they will persist beyond six months.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Sir recently ten days back I joined gym and did lots of weights and workout. Is that causing pain in spleen.

Actually how cmv and ebv transmitted. Is it causes death. After infection in how many days it wilk show symptoms. Am not in relationship with any one and by Handjob cmv and ebv are possible
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
They are not possible to spread by Handjob

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Yes going to gym could be reason for pain in spleen but the possibility is very low unless there is enlargement of spleen due to one or another reasons.

As I stated earlier the possibility of any STD is very low and CMV and EBV do not cause any serious illness. In majority of patients the infection remains dormant.

I hope this answers you further.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj