Can Biotin reduce glucose levels?
To the best of my knowledge of published medical literature, there are no studies demonstrating a glucose lowering effect of Biotin.
Regarding hair and nail growth, dermatologists do prescribe biotin for potentially beneficial effects.
If the glucose value of 104 is a fasting one, then yes it is abnormal.
Normal fasting glucose values in humans are in the range of 65 to 99 mg/dl.
Anything from 100 to 125 is called IFG (Impaired Fasting Glucose). The other term used to describe this condition is Pre-diabetes, indicating a higher risk for the development of diabetes.
So it is important to eat healthy, participate in regular physical activity in order to maintain healthy body weight. This is the best way to avoid progressing to diabetes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Biotin and prolactin level
- High glucose levels with chemotherapy
- Reduced glucose tolerance sweating
- Is 119 glucose level normal
- Diabetes overheating and glucose levels
- Why is victoza not reducing the glucose level
- Level of glucose in glucose drip
- My glucose level is at 148
- Does biotin raise testosterone level
- Glucose level 365