Can Bigomet cause diarrhoea?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi. I am trying to conceive. Today is my first day of menstrual cycle. Based on my last cycle in which the ovulation occured on 26th day my Dr. has advised me some treatment. Pfa the report. I find the medicines very expensive. Can you please suggest some alternatives?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can't omit much

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I have seen the attached prescription slip and seeing all the medicines you can omit only fertihope XF tablets which must be the costliest and are an adjunct to treatment and not a direct implication on immediate fertility potential.
But rest of the medicines are very important and you should have them exactly the way explained.
Bigomet and folic acid will be increasing the ovum quality and goodova will increase ovum number.
So you will have to take them all as advised and then follicular study to see the day of ovum rupture and thus maximum chances of pregnancy.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 4 minutes later
Will these medicines also decrease my cycle length which is generally long in my case? Also should I omit Fertihope completely or substitute it with some other medicine? And is ther any substitute of goodova also? Or should I take this medicine only?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Goodova is very important

Detailed Answer:
There are cheaper formulations of goodova which you can ask from chemist but it is usually available on prescription only.
And out of the whole lot goodova is the most important and cannot be stopped at all and is a must.
Your cycle length can get shortened specially due to bigomet intake.
Bigomet is metformin and available in tablet form also which is a cheaper but equally effective formulation so can try that.
Fertihope can be relaced with a good diet full of antioxidants and a lot of water daily.
All the best

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 45 minutes later
Thanks Dr. One more question- Bigomet SR causes diarrhoea and cramps to me. What can be done to take care of it?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
It is a common side effect and you will eventually get used to it.
Take one tablet at night before going to sleep for 1 week and omit morning tablet and after one week start taking it twice a day.
Take lots of curd in day time and avoid taking the tablet with milk
In general avoid spicy food and excess of yes or coffee.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 9 hours later
Thanks mam. Will Bigomet help regulate my periods? I am taking this from last 1 month. My Dr. has not prescribed me anything for regulating periods I think. I really wish this cycle be a normal 28 day one and not stretch too long.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes will have a very good effect

Detailed Answer:
Yes bigomet has a very good effect on regulation of periods but will take a couple of months to act and may not make it a 28 day cycle but still will definitely improve the quality of eggs and regulate the cycle to some extent.
So it will be having a very effect in the long run.
All the very best dear.
May God bless you with a healthy baby soon and in case you have any questions about it in future you can contact me directly on this forum as I practice infertility basically so can assist you in any problem related to the same.