Can Benadryl be used for rash during sinus infection treatment?
clarithromycin interacts with simvastatin, increases its level
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Clarithromycin interacts with simvastatin. It increases the level of simvastatin by affecting its metabolism and this increases the risk of side effects that occur with simvastatin since levels are higher.
The combination is not recommended.
It can also increase prednisone levels slightly but this effect is not as significant as the interaction with simvastatin.
Benadryl can interact slightly with toprol xl but they can still be used together. You can use it to help with the rash.
It would be best to speak to your doctor about your reaction. It may be reaction to the antibiotic or due to antibiotic's interaction with the other medication.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is benadryl good for sinus infection
- Chronic sinusitis infection treatment
- Will benadryl help with a sinus infection
- Chronic sinus infection treatment
- Sinusitis infection treatment
- Baby sinus infection treatment
- Is suprax used in the treatment of sinus infection ?
- Vaping marijuana during sinus infection treatment
- Bacterial sinus infection treatment
- Sinus infection treatment
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?