Can Bactrim tablets cause headaches?
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Yes Bactrim can cause headaches but we also need to rule out the other causes of headache.
The primary illness / disease for which you are taking Bactrim might be causing the headache itself.
Please describe the pattern if headache. Any vomitings , throbbing , photophobia, phonophobia associated?
For what basis disease are you taking Bactrim?
Revert with the asked details for a better help.
Fever itself can cause headaches.
Hi, UTI with fever itself can cause headaches. Bactrim can also cause that. You have not provided me additional asked details. You need to understand that this is a Virtual clinic and we can't examine you so we need to evaluate you based on your history.
Take Paracetamol for headache now and see your doctor if it persists.
Hi, in that case you should take Paracetamol as discussed and if the headache persists, you would require to switch the therapy.
Photophobia is intolerance to light and Phonophobia is intolerance to sounds. They usually occur in Vascular Headache like Migraine.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?