Can Aspirin be taken for high blood pressure?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have normally had normal blood pressure. In the last few days it has risen dramatically. I am taking daily Lisinopril, and have taken a second one at night. Can I use aspirin to help get the pressure back down?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Aspirin don't affect blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that aspirin has no role in blood pressure lowering and it's just a blood thinning agent.

If your bp is staying beyond 130/90mmhg then either the dose of lisinopril needs to be adjusted or either need medicine has to be added.

Along with that you need to cut down your dietary salt intake, stop smoking completely (if you do), avoid taking stress as much possible.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D