Can Ashwagandha be given along with Axepta?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
My brother who is 26 years now is suffering from XXXXXXX Disease, now developing lack of concentration, lil violent behavior, anxiety, self talking in alone. I am consulting with doctors of neurology and psychiatry. Currently Axepta 10 mg is running twice a day for behavior control and concentration, with no hope from doctors for cure. I am reading multiple studies on internet since two years, where little hope is identified in ayurveda, by usage on ashwagandha as it regenerates dead protein cells, which reverse the HD process. Can we give Ashwagandha with Axepta 10 mg. I have asked with the concerned doctors, but they dont have time to respond, please suggest and guide, we are really tense
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can give Ashwagandha with Axepta.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your brother's symptoms and his diagnosis.

Ashwagandha can be safely given with Axepta (Atomoxetine).

As you have rightly pointed out, there is no cure for this genetic disease in Allopathy branch. If there is some hope in Ayurveda for Huntington's disease, then, we can might as well try it.

Please keep me informed about his progress.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Can Ashwagandha be given along with Axepta? 2 days later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for ur response, its of great help, will start it soon, further Is Axepta or other medicine like this is warm in nature? as Ashwagandha is warm in nature, which generates extra heat.

Further, please share your personal/ professional email I'd or contact details, will keep you updated regarding the progress, if that helps in my brothers condition, hope that can also support in improving other patients too.

XXXX
+0000

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Axepta is not warm.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Axepta or similar medicines are not warm in nature, so, there is no need to worry about that aspect.

You can get the professional details from my blog, the link is posted above.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)