Can Amoxicillin effectively treat warts in a two year old child?

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Question: Granddaughter, 2 years old, has been taking cimetidine for warts for over 2 weeks; has spotty vaginal bleeding, some rectal x 2 days so stopped the cimetidine after seeing bleeding as a side effect; Had seen a doctor 11/15 for a rash - negative for Strep, and was prescribed amoxicillin but daughter-in-law didn't start it. Wondering if she should take the amoxicillin Child has high energy level and eating O.K. (she is very small for her age and has multiple food allergies)They are on the road - military - transferring from west to east coast
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Amoxicillin

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.

There is no need to take the amoxicillin. A bacterial illness was not found and so the amoxicillin will not do anything to help.