Can Amoxicillin and Keflex be taken together after tooth extraction?

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can I Mix Amoxicillin 500 mg ( 23 ) and Keflex ( 25 ) I just had 2 upper molars pulled and have no insurance But my Mom has these pills How long should use them??? Help
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you cannot take both amoxicillin and keflex

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the amoxicillin and keflex is concerned, both are antibiotics. If I am your treating doctor, following tooth removal I would have advised you to take amoxicillin 500mg thrice daily for 3days along with a pain killer like diclofenac(if you are not allergic). You cannot mix amoxicillin and keflex.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D