Can Amoxicillin and Keflex be taken together after tooth extraction?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - July 2014
July 2014

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Question
Can I Mix Amoxicillin 500 mg ( 23 ) and Keflex ( 25 ) I just had 2 upper molars pulled and have no insurance But my Mom has these pills How long should use them??? Help
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you cannot take both amoxicillin and keflex

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the amoxicillin and keflex is concerned, both are antibiotics. If I am your treating doctor, following tooth removal I would have advised you to take amoxicillin 500mg thrice daily for 3days along with a pain killer like diclofenac(if you are not allergic). You cannot mix amoxicillin and keflex.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care