Can Amoxicillin, Arytromiciline and Prilosec cause high blood pressure levels?
I AM HAVING, SUDDENLY, high blood pressure.. 165/91 then 148/80 and again 165/91 (in the 6th day of treatment - 14 days)
with a lot of pressure on my brain, especially in the top of my cranium...
a'm usually in the 125/70 or 130/75 fort blood pressure..
I am 78 years old, over weight of 2o pounds..
is it very grave? should I worry ? I have tendency to do that?
thanks for your input
You should calm down!
These medications are not known to cause increased blood pressure to this extent. I am of the opinion that you seem concerned, anxious and worried which is the primary driver for this increased blood pressure.
While these values are not grave, it is important that you endeavour to relax. Staying worried only worsens your blood pressure numbers and may cause them to rise even further.
Monitor over the next two days and share numbers with me. For now, reduced salt intake and increased exercise would be helpful.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of high blood pressure
- High blood pressure levels
- Psa levels and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure risk level
- High blood pressure dangerous level
- Prilosec and high blood pressure
- Nyquil cause high blood pressure
- Tonsillitis cause high blood pressure
- Lucozade causes high blood pressure
- Sudafed cause high blood pressure