Can Ambien and Seroquel be safely taken together?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Ambien and seroquil are they safe to take at same time?
& what if I do cocaine while under the influence of those tow ambien and seriquel?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its safe to use Ambien and Seroquel at the same time in prescribed doses

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

I can understand your concern. Ambien is Zolpidem and this is a sleep medicines. Seroquel is Quetiapine and the drug is an antipsychotic drug also sometimes used for sleep. Both are safe drugs and have no serious side effects.

- It is safe to take Ambien and Seroquel at the same time. There will be excessive sedation and no other serious side effects. Please take the drugs in your prescribed doses only.

- It is not advisable to use any recreational drug while on drug therapy of Seroquel or Ambien. This may result in serious consequences. Seroquel is used to calm down brain excitation caused by Cocaine so using cocaine with these drugs would not result in good effects. Using cocaine while on these drugs will reduce efficacy of these drugs and this would have negative effects on treatment so please quit using Cocaine.

Thanks, I hope this helps you. Please ask again if you have more doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist