Can Alcohol and Marijuana be consumed while treating syphilis?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Sir 1 months ago ,I had 2 chankre on my penis .then I asked doctor ,then I went through vdrl and other test all are negative.
But doctor said that it was syphilis.and advised to take 6 penicillin injection .after taking 3 injections,all have healed.and he now advice to take more 2 injection (means remaining3 + now 2= total 5).In between can I take marijuana & alcohol with taking these injections??

I sometimes consumes (very rare)alcohol & marijuana.
Does it impact on my illness?
Can I fully cure?in future can. Anything bother me regarding syphilis?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
diagnosis of Syphilis and type of Penicillin treatment to be furnished

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM
Thanks for posting your query
Genital ulcer can occur due to many reasons. More than 6 STD conditions including Syphilis can cause genital ulcers. On what grounds your physician came to the diagnosis of Syphilis When the tests were negative.
Treatment for early syphilis is a single injection of depot preparation of Penicillin, whereas in late Syphilis weekly once for 4 weeks. With out knowing what type of Penicillin is used and not knowing the exact diagnosis, we can not discuss about the cure.
Furnish more details.
Dr S Murugan

Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 4 minutes later
It is benzathine penicillin 12 lacs.

In future can anything will be threatening regarding syphilis?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
If treated adequately Syphilis would be a problem in future

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

The recommended treatment for early syphilis is a single Injection of Benzathine Penicillin LA 24. Injection penicillin in the multidose of 12 lacs had no roll in the management of Syphilis as per CDC or WHO recommendation.
First of all confirm the diagnosis of Syphilis with the help of an experienced physician in the management of STDs.
If treated properly there would not be any problem due to Syphilis.
Dr S.Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist