Can Albuterol cause high pulse rate?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have no energy, bp 157 over 95 pulse 57. Was out running errands, 88 degrees w high humidity
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
rest and fluid replacement

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Albuterol normally causes an increase in the pulse rate, this is one of the known side effect.

The normal pulse rate is 60 to 100. The slight decrease may not cause any significant problems, there are some persons with a pulse rates slightly below 60 (usually athletes or fit persons).

The activity today combined the high temperature would have cause fluid loss. This would cause the fatigue that you are experiencing.
Physical stress to the body can cause changes in blood pressures

The main treatment of excess fluid loss would be rest and replacement of both fluids and electrolytes.
Sport drinks such as gatorade or oral rehydration products would be the best options to give back both of these.

if you do not feel any better after using the above then you may need to be assessed by your doctor

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions