Can Akt-4 cause coughing and vomiting?
My wife is taking AKT4 for genital TB.
After taking medicine for 3month and 10 days ,she is having cough from last 20 days.Also last night she vomited many times in a night itself.
Is tit the side effect of medicine and of it is affecting her then what should be the course of action.
should she stop taking medicine and how these symptoms like cough will ne treated
may or may not be related...
AKT 4 is made up of 4 antitubercular drugs. And all the four drugs to various extent cause gastritis which could cause stomach pain, bloating as well as nausea. The drugs almost never cause cough directly. However at times gastritis and GERD can lead to dry cough.
That being said, since her symptoms started recently almost 3 months after treatment, I don't think it's the drugs that is the cause of cough and vomiting.
AKT 4 drugs should not be stopped unless it is eminent. You don't stop it without prior intimation from your treating doctor. Therefore I will recommend you to visit her doctor. The doctor can perform a physical check and if needed liver enzyme tests may be ordered. The drugs may then be altered if needed.
In the meanwhile, I will suggest steam inhalation. Avoid hot and spicy food.
Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Is it the right line of treatment?
Get the tests...
As I mentioned in my previous answer, cough may not be directly caused by the drugs. However yes, whether or not to continue AKT4 will be based on LFT test. LFT test results will be available within a day and the doctor can decide about medicines in a day. Therefore you should get test done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will sever coughing and vomiting cause miscarriage
- How to avoid vomiting while taking akt 4
- Akt4 vomiting and remedy
- Akt4 could cause seizures
- Akt 4 is causing vomiting alcohol
- Cough in children causing vomit
- Akt 4 cause body itching
- Akt4 side effects blood sugar vomiting
- What causes cough followed by vomiting
- Tuberculosis akt 4 vomit
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...