Can Advil be taken while having a low platlet count?
Limit the dose.
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Your platelet count is borderline low. Advil reduces the effect of platelets in the blood clotting process. If you are taking the maximum dose of Advil every day, you may cause a problem with the clotting of your blood. This may result in excessive bruising or bleeding which may cause blood in the urine. Also, at your age, a maximum dose of Advil is possibly going to cause kidney damage.
Therefore, I suggest you limit the dose of Advil and try other pain killers such a paracetamol. If you find you need Advil, then limit it to the occasional dose. I suggest you keep a close check on your platelets.
I hope his is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are omeprazole and advil reactive when taken together
- Nausea vomiting abdominal cramps taken advil reason
- Blisters on the nose swelling sunburn taken advil treatment
- Dizziness headache cold shivering taken advil cause
- Taken overdose of tylenol and advil is it an emergency
- Can i take advil while on duromine
- Ondansetron taken with advil
- Can i take advil while on champix
- Child taken advil by accident need for doctor
- May i take advil while taking metopimazine