question-icon

Can Advil and Tussionex cough syrup be taken together?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: Can I take Advil cold/sinus (Ibuprofen/pseudoephedrine) with Tussionex cough syrup? I take 1 to 2 capsules of Advil cold/sinus before bedtime if needed but also have a congested cough. I have a prescription for the Tussionex but only use if needed. I would try to only take 1/2 teaspoon.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Yes it can be taken together in recommended dosage. But try not to take it at the same time,but have 1 hour period between. there are no known interactions,but side effects may occur for each single medication. Of course, tussionex should always be taken at the lowest dosage at the beginning. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon