question-icon

Can Advil and Tussionex be taken together?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I already asked a lengthy question concerning using Advail Cold/sinus (Advail/pseudoephedrine) with Tussionex? I had nasal and chest congestion in Dec. and was given a prescription for Levaquin and Tussinex. I did not need the cough syrup at that time as I only use it sparingly. Can two Advail Cold/sinus be taken at the same time as 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. Of Tussionex?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (39 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes. it is safe to take both at the same time!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully and it is entirely safe to take both medications at the same time. There is no risk of possible interaction between the two.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah