Can Adipex for weight loss be prescribed online?
Welcome to HCM. I have reviewed your request
Congratulations on your commitment to lose weight! Unfortunately, we do not prescribe pharmaceuticals. We encourage our clients to take a lifestyle change approach to losing weight as this approach tends to be more permanent with less danger of weight cycling.
Adipex is merely a stimulant that will temporarily elevate your metabolic rate and decrease your appetite. I highly suggest that you work with a nutritionish on a healthy low calorie meal plan and exercise that you can do despite the arthritis.
You can always contact a local dietitian by looking up The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and contacting them for a referral.
There are several prescription options that are safer than Adipex for weight loss. Can I share some of your choices with you? There is Adipex, a Schedule IV. For a 20 lb weight loss, this choice is generally not your first. Orlistat I don't advise at all. It is a fat blocker with a lot of side-effects in my clients. Lorcaserin, or Belviq, is an option. It is a serotonin receptor agonist.Contrave is very new. It increases metabolism, suppresses appetite and affects your reward center. Contrave is a mixture of Bupropion and Naltrexone. Qsymia is also very new. It is a combination of topiramate (effective at promoting weight loss) and phentermine (similar to adipex but not quite as stimulating).
Again, a well structured personalized weight loss program combining exercise with a support system is what I would recommend if you were my patient. This is still a recommendation even if you take a pill.
Do you have a plan yet for your diet and exercise piece or were you going to primarily rely on the adipex? I ask because I am interested in seeing you successful in the long-term and because weight loss and obesity research has been my life.
If you wish assisstance on nutrition, exercise, I can help you get started or I can provide suggestions/referrals. Please feel free to come back for clarification or discussion if I have not answered your query. Regards, XXXXXXX Shattler, MS,RDN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prescribe medicines for weight loss
- Hashimotos weight loss for weight loss
- Adipex for weight loss
- Prescribed weight loss pills
- Is it safe to take adipex for weight loss
- Metformin prescribed weight loss
- Child has indigestion weight loss vomiting prescribed norfloxacin safe medicine
- Pregnant nausea weight loss prescribed doxinate and enerzal worried
- Order eximia weight loss online
- Doctor prescribed weight loss drugs
- Suggest treatment for weight gain and dehydration
- Suggest ways to loose weight quickly
- What causes knee soreness after working out?
- Suggest treatment for bloating, rashes on face and muscle fatigue
- Suggest beneficial variety of good bacteria for digestion
- What are the benefits of cocoa after a defibrillator and a pacemaker?
- How to lose weight within 2 weeks?
- How effective is Contrive in loosing weight?
- How much protein does an elderly female require?
- What causes increased appetite and fullness in stomach after having two...