question-icon

Can Adenoid cause a feeling of fullness and gagging?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016
Question: can adnoids make me feel full and gag
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not quite unless they are inflamed!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Unless adenoid are inflamed from an infectious process, they cannot really make you feel full and provoke a gag reflex. I feel like much information is missing from this question. Can you detail your symptoms simply and allow me to try and identify what the possible cause and treatment options are? I hope to hear from you on this and promise to return promptly with more insights.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah