Can Adderall for taken for ADD?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I was prescribed Adderall several years ago for ADD. I would like to begin taking it again.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
Adderall is a good drug

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Adderall is a very good drug for ADHD and is routinely used even for an adult ADHD patients. Only the patients who have the illness of ADHD can understand how much adderall helps. However one needs to understand that adderall doesn't cure adhd and it only reduces the symptoms and hence needs to be taken for an indefinite period.
Now coming to the process of procurement of medicine. These are restricted medicines and are available only on the prescription written by a GP/Psychiatrist licensed to practice in your state of residence. The medicine has a liability to be abused and hence the restriction is strictly followed.
I suggest that you should meet your area GP for a specialist referral along with your old prescription of adderall and get the new refill prepared.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad