Can Adderall and Luvox be taken together?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: is it safe to take adderall and Luvox together?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
potential interaction

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Adderall contains a mixture of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Luvox is the name given to a medication called fluvoxamine

There is potential interaction between these medications.

These medications cause an increased levels of serotonin which is a chemical that can cause problems at very high levels.
There is a potential for the serotonin syndrome , a condition that can occur as a result of high levels of this chemical.

If you and your doctor decide on the combination, you would need to monitor closely

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 minutes later
well I am on Luvox 100mg and took 20mg adderral yesterday when out drinkin and today i had increases anxiety and was shakey. I am assuming the adderral was not a good idea!
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
agreed, only take combination if recommended

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes, agreed, the medication should only be combined if advised by your doctor and you guys are monitoring for any problems.

If anything else unclear, feel free to ask