Can Actalin and Levothyroxine be taken together for thyroid problem?
Noted your problem.
Your Thyroid function tests are normal now and please do not increase the dose of levothyroxine now. That will have adverse effects ( overdose) at your age like osteoporosis, palpitations and chest pain etc. It is advisable to keep TSH in normal range. Your TSH is normal and there is no need to increase the dose.
Dry skin and the nail changes could be part of ageing process itself. It is a good idea to check if you have anemia and Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Actalin is claimed to be a natural supplement. We generally do not encourage it. And personally I do not feel it is going to help you in great extent.
For dry skin, avoid hot water bath. Better to use warm water compared to hot water. You may also use a gentle soap or bathing liquid to avoid further skin dryness and it is recommended to use an intense moisturizing cream.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reduced vaginal lubrication after taking levothyroxin for thyroid problem reason
- Levothyroxine thyroid drugs
- Thyroid medicine levothyroxine side effects
- Pregnant have thyroid hashimoto taking levothyroxine travelling
- Thyroid med levothyroxine
- Is it safe to change thyroid medicine synthyroid to levothyroxine
- Levothyroxine thyroid medicine
- Can cipro be taken together with levothyroxine and omeprazole
- Thyroid drug levothyroxine side effects
- Low thyroid medicine levothyroxine